This tutorial is about how to change the name of your prestashop 1.7 theme. Let me use the prestashop 1.7 native theme as an example, you can find code like this /themes/classic/assets/cache/theme-0d3863.css in the source code of your site. For some reason, you may not like that “classic”, you may want to change the folder name from “classic” to another one like “shoes”.You could do that, but It’s not recommended to do that, unless you have to do that.
How to change the folder name of your theme after it’s installed.
- Download the \themes\classic\config\theme.yml file, change the first line from name: classic to name: shoes
- Rename the classic folder to shoes
- Use phpmyadmin to change the theme_name in the ps_shop table from classic to shoes
- The last step is clearing the Smarty cache.
How to change the folder name of your theme before it’s installed.
- A theme package file is a .zip file, so unzip it.
- Edit the \config\theme.yml file, change the first line from name: a-name to name: shoes
- Zip all folders to be the same as before, and then install the new theme pageage.