We planed to merge override files of the Visual composer module to Panda theme's Override default behavior module to solve the problem of they conflict with each other, because of they both need to override the CategoryController.php and ProductController.php files. But that's not a solution for all, because of the Visual composer module may have conflicts with other 3rd party modules. So we decided to create this tutorial.
NOTE: Visual composer module can be installed with Panda theme v2 and Transformer theme v4 easily, they don't have any conflicts.
- Go to "BO>Modules", click on the "Add a module" button to upload the jsomposer.zip file to your site.
- Don't click "Install" after uploading. You need to use cPanel or FTP to rename the /modules/jscomposer/override/ folder to /override_rename/.
- Edit the /modules/jscomposer/jscomposer.php file, remove this code from it.1|| !$this->installTpls()
- Go back to the "BO>Modules" page to click the "Install" button for the Visual composer module. The Visual composer module will be installed, you will be redirect to the module's configuration page, but that doesn't mean the module was perfect installed, you need to continue to take the following steps.
- Copy folders in the /modules/jscomposer/override/controllers/admin/templates/ folder to the /override/controllers/admin/templates/ folder. If you are using FTP, then download those folders first, and then upload them back to the /override/controllers/admin/templates/ folder.
- Find out files which exist in the /modules/jscomposer/override/controllers/front/ folder but not exist in the /override/controllers/font/ folder, in most cases, they are "SupplierController.php", "ManufacturerController.php" and "CmsController.php". Copy them to the /override/controllers/font/ folder.
- Merge the ProductController.php file. Download the /modules/jscomposer/override/controllers/front/ProductController.php and the /override/controllers/font/ProductController.php. See the picture blow, you can enlarge the picture to details.
- Merge the CategoryController.php file, this step is the most tricky step. Download the /modules/jscomposer/override/controllers/front/CategoryController.php and the /override/controllers/font/CategoryController.php. See the picture blow, you can enlarge the picture to details.
That's all good luck. Leave me messages if you have any problems with installing visual composer module.