Predefined social networks
How to add a new social network.
You can use as many social networks as you want, and it's easy to add new social new network. Generally by using predefined social media is already enough.
- Go the official site of the social network you are going to add, generally go to API section to find information about buttons. Let me use twitter as an example, check this page Tweet Button, it says that twitter button requires two parameters, they are text and url.
- Go back to the Social share buttons module to add a new social button.
- Select "--" for the "Predefined share links" setting. Filling in the "Title" field. Choose an Icon.
- The most important step is to filling the "Sharing link" and "Url parameter" field. Check the "Web Intent example" section on the Tweet Button page, you can find an example.1
So fill in the "Sharing link" file with https://twitter.com/share Fill in the "Url parameter" field with url Fill in the "Description parameter" file with text
- When you share this product http://panda2.sunnytoo.com/en/home/23-82-basic-pink-round-neck-top.html#/1-size-s/24-color-pink on twitter the url of twitter share button for that product will be
It composes by 3 sections 1) http://twitter.com/share 2) url= 3) text=
When you click on this button, you will get link to twitter where you can post a new tweet.
How to place social share buttons to the top bar
- Scroll the configuration page down to the "HOOK MANAGER" section.
- Tick the "Topbar left" option, and then save.
- Here is a demo of social share buttons on the topbar Panda template demo 6
Social share buttons can be placed to 15+ hooks include footer, header, topbar, sidebar for people to share your site easily.
What's the "Open Graph Image" setting.
It is an important setting, it's recommended for everyone to upload an image which is larger that 200px * 200px there to be the cover image of your site. When someone shares your site on facebook, a cover image will show out, the "Open Graph Image" is for the cover image, if you don't upload an image there, your site logo will be chosen as the cover image of your site, but in most cases, logo is too small to be the cover image, which would cause no cover image or wrong cover image showing on facebook.
What's the "Facebook app ID" field.
If you don't fill in this field, a message like this will show out.
fb:app_id hasn't been included in the meta tags. Specify the app ID so that stories shared to Facebook will be properly attributed to the app. Alternatively, app_id can be set in url when open the share dialog. Otherwise, the default app id( 966242223397117 ) will be assigned.
This warning message does not interfere with the ability to share posts on Facebook but may limit your ability to use Facebook features like Insights. You can get an app_id for your site here Register and Configure an App