Main usages of the Stickers block module for prestashop.
- Show native stickers like NEW, SALE out.
- Place native stickers to different positions, like on product images, under product names.
- Change appearances of native stickers.
- Custom stickers. You can assign a custom sticker to a specific product or assign stickers to products by categories and manufacturers.
Things you need to know about native stickers.
There 7 native sticker in total.
- On sale
- Reduced price
- Sold out
- In stock, Product available with different options and allowed backorders
- Online only
No need to manually assign native stickers to products, they will show out according to your settings. Note “In stock” and “Sold out” stickers would not show out on the product page, because of availability messages shows out be default, it would be reductant to show availability messages twice.
How to add New stickers to products.
- Check the “Number of days for which the product is considered ‘new'” setting on the BO > Shop parameters > Product Settings page.
- Go to the “Stickers block” module to see if there is a “New sticker” created and enabled there, if no, create a one.
How to add SALE stickers to products.
- Tick the Display the “On sale!” flag for products which you want them to have SALE stickers.
- Go to the “Stickers block” module to see if there is a “On sale sticker” created and enabled there, if no, create a one.
In stock, Product available with different options and allowed backorders.
This sticker shows one of these 3 messages “In stock”, “Product available with different options” and a custom label to say backorders are allowed. The former 2 are easy to understand. Let’s talk about the last one. Two are two places to set a custom label saying back order allowed, a) The “Label of out-of-stock products with allowed backorders” field on the BO > Shop Parameters > Product Settings Page. b) the “Label when out of stock (and back order allowed)” field on the product editing page. If the later one is set, then the former one will be ignored.
How to use the custom sticker feature.
I will show how to create an image custom sticker and place it to the center of product images
- Create a custom sticker, set the “Sticker” option to “Custom”. Because of it’s a image sticker, so fill in the “Width” and “Height” fields with the weight and height of the image. The last step is upload the image.
- After creating the custom sticker, there are two ways to assign the sticker to a special product. a) Using the “ASSOCIATION LIST” section in the “Stickers block” module. b) You can select a custom sticker for a product on the product’s editing page.
Check the sticker on the 3rd product here http://panda2.sunnytoo.com/en/12-fashion?page=3, it’s an image custom sticker
How to put a stickr to the center middle of product images.
- Select “Center center of product image” for the “Position” setting.
- Adjust the “Offset X” option to be negative half the sticker height.
- Adjust the “Offset Y” option to be negative half the sticker width.
Why the Sticker modules is empty on the product editing page.
That’s a quick access when you can choose custom stickers for the current product. It’s empty which means you’ve add any customer stickers yet. Native stickers will not show out there, no need to manually choose native stickers for products, native stickers will show out according to product configurations.