Free remember last visited category module for PrestaShop
To remember the last visited category to make sure the "products from the same category" module and the "products from the same category" module work fine.
This is a very simple module, does a very simple job to remember the last visited category, but that doesn't bother it to be a very useful module in some cases.
When do you need to use this module
If you have these issues, then you may need to use this "Remember last visited category" module.
- The "Products in the same category" doesn't work correctly, it always shows products from the default category of the current product, not the products from the category where you clicked the current product.
- The "Next and previous products" doesn't work correctly, it always shows products from the default category of the current product, not the products from the category where you clicked the current product.
If you have any of the above issues and you are in any of these two conditions below, then you need to use this "Remember last visited category" module.
- You use a Single column layout for the category, so no left column on the category page for the category tree module to display.
- You simply don't need the category tree module, you have it disabled or have it removed from the left column.
For example, you have a product named "Product A", it's assigned to two categories "Category A" and "Category B", "Category A" is the default category. If you don't have the category tree module on the category page, then when you click the "Product A" on the "Category B" page, then products in the "Products in the same category" section will be products from the "Category A", that's wrong, products from Category B should be shown out there instead. Installing the "Remember last visited category" module can fix that.
- Transformer theme, Panda theme, Classic theme and all other themes.
How to install and upgrade.
How to install? Use the "Upload a module" button on "BO > Modules" page to install the module.
How to upgrade?
Use the "Upload a module" button on "BO > Modules" page to upload the new version to your site, it's the same as how to install, don't worry all your data will be safe, prestashop will just upload updated files to your site, it won't reinstall this module.
How to get support.
If you have any questions with the module, post them out on the prestashop module support forum, we'll help you out.
- v1.0 (21 May, 2020) Initial release.
I will keep upgrading this module, let me messages, if you have feature requests.