Until you get official response from yobo or Jonny, I can almost confirm that you should do this:
– Update Prestashop 1.6 to 1.7 using 1-click module (if you get errors, there is a manual way, step by step in the blog of this site).
– The theme cannot be upgraded, so you have to install a fresh Transformer V4 for 1.7 on your recently migrated PS 1.7 store, and do all the changes and customizations again.
I think I’m not wrong, but wait for official response if you want 🙂
1. The theme cannot be upgraded, so you have to install a fresh Transformer V4 for 1.7 on your recently migrated PS 1.7 store, and do all the changes and customizations again.
2. It’s said by PrestaShop team that the 1-click module could upgrade a 1.6 site to 1.7, several people have upgraded their sites by that way. It’s not possible to manually upgrade a 1.6 site to 1.7, we have tutorials about manually upgrade a 1.6 site to the latest version of 1.6, and manually upgrade a 1.7 site to the latest version of 1.7.
3. Another way is buying a module to transfer data like customers, products, orders from your 1.6 site to a new 1.7 site.
Thanks to both.
Actually, I made the migration with the module 1-click and I have 500 errors in the store. I can not access the order for example because it gives me access error and I see the catalog but when I enter an article I also receive an error 500. And the store does not even see it, it’s a huge 500 error 🙁
I will try to do the update manually with the manuals that you tell me, and then reassemble the whole store with the theme.
I prefer more to have all the data of articles, images, descriptions, etc.
If I still had problems that payment module recommended if I had to do a zero installation with a new prestashop 1.7, new version of the theme …. to be able to recover everything absolutely in terms of data?
Thank you. I’m desperate !
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.