I am interested in this module, i would like to check the following:
1/ my site runs with prestashop 1.6 – will it really be compatible with this version ?
2/ once installed and enabled, the module will automatically compress and improve all images that are already uploaded ?
1. Yes, the ImageMagick is compatible with PrestaShop 1.6.
2. After installation the module will automatically optimize most newly uploaded images (product images, banner images, logo) which uploaded by using the prestashop’s native function, some 3rd party modules are not using the prestashop’s native fucntion to upload images.
For product images you uploaded before, you can use this module’s ajax thumbnail generator to regenerate them. For other images you uploaded before, you can re-upload them.
Thanks a lot Jonny !
1/ So, for products images it will automatically generate the optimized images with the regenerate function, right ?
2/ For the other images, such as banners, blog images (all of them already uploaded either by the native prestashop or by your theme (panda) – in blog posts and banners – we’ll have to upload them again ?
3/ if for 2 we have to upload again, there will be an option to optimize only the product images ?
2. You don’t have to upload them again, getting all product images optimized is already quite good, if you have to be perfect, then upload them again.
3. Newly uploaded images, which uploaded by he prestashop’s native function, will be optimized, why product images only, I think optimizing as many images as possible is the best.
I’ve purchased ImageMagick and tested on my test shop. The problem is that all images are cropped despite the settings “Croping images instead of resizing” set to NO. You can see the result on attached images as well as on my test here.
That’s because of those images got resized for about only 0.5px. More info here https://www.sunnytoo.com/12688/sharp-clear-product-images-prestashop
See attached pics,
Changing the “Spacing between products in grid view” option in the Theme editor module from 15 t0 14 fixed the problem.
I did that on your test site, you need to do the same for you live site.
- This reply was modified 20d by Jonny.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.