PrestaShop removing IDs from URLs & SEO friendly url module for PrestaShop 1.7 and PrestaShop 1.6
PrestaShop removing IDs from URLs & SEO friendly url module can remove IDs from URLs and make urls be seo-friendly. Search engines are more like number-free urls, by using this module to optimize urls can improve your rankings in Google and other search engines. Old urls will be redirected to new ones using 301 or 302, no pagerank loss.
- Remove IDs from URLs include product urls, category urls, blog category urls, blog post urls, CMS urls, manufacturer urls and supplier urls.
- Prevent 404 error, option to redirect 404 error to a specific category page.
- Redirect old URLs to new ID-free URLs, using 301 or 302 redirection.
- Remove category name from product URLs.
- Add parent categories to product URLs.
- Add parent categories to category URLs.
- Ability to remove .html, slashes and extra texts from all urls including product urls, category urls, brand urls, supplier urls, blog article urls and blog category urls.
- Ability to remove anchor from product URLs.
- Translate urls. For example, this is a cms page url /en/content/1-delivery, the “content” in that url is not translatable by default, with this module you can translate it for different languages.
- Minimal override, just two overridden files.
- Quick and easy to find out duplicated URLs.
- Ability to add product reference code to URLs, this option is a quite and easy solution if you have a lot duplicated product urls.
- Add canonical tag to head section when in PrestaShop 1.6 to improve the SEO rank.
- Cache friendly URLs.
- Compatible with PrestaShop 1.6 and PrestaShop 1.7.
- Compatible with all themes including Transformer theme, Panda theme, Classic theme and all other themes.
- Compatible with the blog module of Transformer theme and Panda theme.
If it’s not compatible with your theme or your modules, let use know, we can provide free integration service.
How to install and upgrade.
How to install? Use the “Upload a module” button on “BO > Modules” page to install the module.
How to upgrade?
Use the “Upload a module” button on “BO > Modules” page to upload the new version to your site, it’s the same as how to install, don’t worry all your data will be safe, prestashop will just upload updated files to your site, it won’t reinstall this module.
How to get support.
If you have any questions with the module, post them out on the prestashop module support forum, we’ll help you out.
No, no pagerank loss when using 301 or 302 to remove old urls to new number-free urls.
This module just overrides two files, so the chance of having installation problems is small, if that happens, create a topic on the prestashop module support forum or write to us via contact us page ,we will help you get it installed.
You need to clear the Smarty cache.
You probably did some changes to schema of urls in the “SCHEMA OF URLS” section on the “BO > Shop parameters > Traffic & SEO > SEO & URLs”. Reverting your changes to use default values can fix the problem, which can be done by using the “clear customized routes” button in this module’s configuration page.