Why we started to provide website management service?
The whole process of having an online eCommerce site can be separated into two parts:
- Scratch to Launch
- After Launch
We've done quite a lot to the first part, like creating modules, creating tutorials, providing A-class support, etc. Our customers can count on us when they are in the first part. But after the launching of their sites, some of them are struggled to keep their sites up-to-date. In most cases, keeping a PrestaShop + Transformer theme/Panda theme site up-to-date is easy, but because of customizations and various other reasons, we still get a lot of requests for hiring us to upgrade their sites. That's why we decided to provide website management service to make our customers be able to keep counting on us after launch.
Who need our website management service?
- People who are busy with their businesses, don't have time to maintain their PrestaShop sites.
- People who don't faimilar with how to maintain their PrestaShop sites.
- People who runing a site having a lot of traffic, they want to the upgrade process be as fast as trouble free as possible.
- People who just want to hire someone to do upgrades for them.
Benifits of using our website management service.
- Expirenced Team We know every detail of our themes and we also know PrestaShop very well. Handling your site to your theme's developers to manage is clearing the best choice.
- Save the trouble of hiring a developer locally For small businesses, you don't have to hire a developer to keep your site up-to-date. Since you can hire the same team who created your theme to keep your site up-to-date.
- Keep a professional team on-call, you can rely on us if anything goes wrong in your site, although we can't fix all issues for you, at least we can explain the reason in details to you and guide you to find the right persons.
- BASIC website management service
- EXTENDED website management service
BASIC website management service
BASIC website management service is a lite version of website management service. it just contains the most needed services
- Keep your PrestaShop 1.7 / PrestaShop 1.6 / Thirtybees site up-to-date, Check #2 in the Documentaion section blow to see the defination of "up-to-date".
- Keep your theme (Transformer theme / Panda theme) up-to-date.
- Keep modules you bought from us up-to-date.
- Merge your modifications after every upgrade.
EXTENDED website management service
- Everything included in the BASIC website management service.
- Consult any site related things with us.
- Provide help to check issues on your site, we will check and let you details. We will fix small simple issues for you, but for 3rd party related issues and server related issues, you should contact people who are responsiable for to fix them.
- Integrate small simple 3rd party modules with your theme visually and functionally. NOT 1) We don't provide support for 3rd party modules you've installed, 2) We don't provide integration service for complex and heavy modules.
- Provide help to install 3rd party modules manually if they can't be installed automatically due to conflicts.
- Doing some non-time-consuming customizations.
- Help you check your website backup settings, all morden web hosting provide very convenient backup functions, we will help you check if you set every up correctly.
- Help you check your website security settings, like close ssh access, limit ftp access to som certain ips, etc. Those things are basic, but they help a lot in terms of website security.
What's not included?
Anything not included in the two lists ablove..
In order to make things be very clear, here is a list of some.
- We don't design and build your site.
- We don't manage content in your site.
- We don't provide support for 3rd party modules. You should contact people who created those modules for help, that's the most efficient way. We provide free integration service for modules we reckon as popular modules.
- We don't integrate complex and heavy 3rd party modules with your theme functionally.
- We don't provide 24/7 instant support because of the time difference. If your site is down, write to us, we will check right after we see your message.
- We don't guarantee that we can fix all issues. For example, we are unable to help you with some server related issues.
- We don't do SEO.
- We are not responsible for the Security of your site. If your site is hosted by a trusted hosting like Cloudway, then your site will be safe, if your site is on a cheap shared hosting, then it's at risk.
- We are not responsible for performance of your site.
We can still console those things with us, we will provide suggestions for you.
Contact us when the design is done and your website has launched, you need let use know these information:
- If you did some changes to you site files, then let us know details.
- 3 party modules you've installed, what they are for.
- Your site back office login details.
We will access to evaluate if we are able to manage your site. If you are using our themes, then the chance of YES would be 99%. For these two cases, we may not be able to manage your site for you.
- Extreamly highly customized webistes.
- Installed several complex and heavy modules which change the way of how PrestaShop work, like a Marketplace module.
Pay us. After receiving your payment we will create a topic for you in the "PrestaShop Management service" forum, you can start using the Management service there.
Create a new topic in this suppor forum PrestaShop Website Management Service, name it like this "PrestaShop Website Management Service #your order ID", use the topic to contact us so we can keep everything on track.
- Your site back office and FTP login details.
- When should we upgrade your site? 1) When you submit a request. 2) When we reckon it's necessary.
- The off-peak hours of your site in UTC. So we can arrange to do changes to your site during that time.
- Store your site accesses to an office line device. When your accesses are changed, resend them to us.
- Create a child theme for you if you've made some changes to theme files.
- Check through out your site, give you inforamtion we reckon you need to know.
Currently, NO, because we don't know the details of your theme.
We say that keep your site up-to-date, doesn't mean we are going to upgrade your site immediately when a new version is released.
Let me use the PrestaShop 18.104.22.168 as an example, if your site is running on PrestaShop 22.214.171.124, and PrestaShop 126.96.36.199 is released on January 21, 2020, then we won't upgrade your site to 188.8.131.52 on the next day January 22, 2020. We wait for a period of time to see if the latest version is really stable. The PrestaShop 184.108.40.206 has a small problem which will cause big trouble of not being able to change attributes, in this case, we will not upgrade your site. Upgrading to the latest version of everything isn't recommended for live sites.
To use our PrestaShop website management service, you don't need to put your site on our web hosting. What we need are login details to your site. Choosing a fast, stable web hosting is crucial, we recommend you Cloudway.
- Upgrade your PrestaShop by using the "1-click upgrade" module.
- Upgrade your theme by using the "one click upgrade" feature in the Theme editor module.
- Upgrade your PrestaShop by following this guide Manually upgrade prestashop.
- Upgrade Panda theme by following this guide How to upgrade Panda theme.
- Upgrade Transformer theme by following this guide How to upgrade Transformer theme.
It's recommended to use create a child theme do to modifications to the theme files, which would make things be way easier when you upgrade your theme, here is a guide How to create a child theme.
Yes, you can hire us to upgrade your site. You need to let you know your changes to the files if you have done any, we will move your changes to a child theme. The price is $200 for 3 times, buy it here Advanced support.
The scope of general support is providing support for theme-related questions.
The scope of the extended maintenance service is providing you general support and upgrading your site.
The scope of the extended maintenance service is providing support for almost all site-related questions.
No need to buy general support. The maintenance service includes everything in the General support.
- Conflicts If you module has a /override/ folder, then you need to be careful, because if it causes a conflict with your theme or your modules, you site may be down.
- File modificationss If you make a mistake when you edit a file, then you site may be down.