Search by category with auto suggestion module for PrestaShop 1.7 has two main features, one is improving the native search to add a possibility of search products by category, another is using ajax to get and show products instantly as suggestions.
- Possibility to choose categories which will be shown on the category filter.
- Ability to cache category filter.
- Possibility to remember the last selected category.
- Ability to hide category filter on mobile.
- Possibility to set different actions when the category is changed. 3 Different actions available.
- Update auto suggestion list.
- Execute search.
- Don't do anything.
- Customizeable appearance, like text color, background and width.
3 ways of displaying category filter.
- Default SELECT dropdown list.
- Searchable modern dropdown list with support for searching.
- Searchable modern dropdown list on descktop, default SELECT dropdown list on mobile. Check this demo on a mobile device.
Ajax auto suggestion.
This search by category with auto suggestion module uses ajax to get and show out products instantly as suggestions.
- Ability to set the minimum number of characters required to trigger auto suggestion.
- Products will show out with Product name, Product thumbnail and Product price, you can choose to don't display any of them.
- A close button for the auto suggestion list.
- Ability to set a predefined search term.
Improve search feature.
The native feature may not work as expected sometimes, it may put the perfect matches to the end of search result. This module can fix that problem, it's recommended to rebuild search index after installing this module.
Optimized for mobile.
Both search box and category filter will be displayed fullwidth on mobile.
- Multi-language support.
- Multi-store support.
- Panda theme v2.
- Transformer theme v4.
- PrestaShop 1.7's Classic theme.
- All other standard PrestaShop 1.7 themes.
How to install and upgrade.
This Search by category with auto suggestion module can be installed easily without editing any files.
How to install? Use the "Upload a module" button on "BO > Modules" page to install the module.
How to upgrade? Use the "Upload a module" button on "BO > Modules" page to upload the new version to your site, it's the same as how to install, don't worry all your data will be safe, PrestaShop will just upload updated files to your site, it won't reinstall this module.
How to get support.
If you have any questions with the module, post them out on the prestashop module support forum, we'll help you out.
Thanks @sbordun for your detailed feature suggestions which make this module much more better.
You can move it to before the cart icon by changing sort order of modules in the displayTop section on the "BO>Modules>Positions" page.
Try rebuilding the search index on the "BO > Shop parameters > Search" page.
This module overrides a function of the /classes/Search.php, if you can't install the module, which means the function has already been overridden. You can do a manually installation or contact us, we provide free help for installation. The chance of having installation problem is rare.
You need to disable PrestaShop1.7's native "Search bar" module. If you are running on Transformer theme or Panda theme, you need to disable the "Search bar mod" module.
The problem will occur in these two cases: 1)You changed theme name. 2) You are using a child theme which isn't named as transformer_child. This module uses theme name to tell which theme you are using to apply different settings. Contact us we will give you a solution for that. More info PrestaShop 1.7 child theme feature.